We believe finances should never come between you and good dental care. When you put off necessary treatment, problems worsen and expenses increase, so we’ll do our best to eliminate financial obstacles.
We offer two financing options:
- Care Credit (apply now)
- In-Office Financing
It just takes a few minutes to apply for interest free financing. Get approved today, even before your first appointment!
- No interest if paid in full within 6 months for balances over $200.00 or 12 months for balances over $1000.00
- 24-60 months. Fixed Payment
- 15 % APR
- Subject to credit approval
If you are not approved for the above financing options, We offer convenient in-office financing.
- Minimum amount $300
- Maximum is $4000 and 24 months
- 25% down payment required ( insurance may apply)
- Verifiable source of income for 12 months
- Photo identification required
- Payments by automatic debit
- We will make the most of your insurance.
Our goal is to help you conveniently utilize your dental insurance benefits and get the maximum amount of coverage for your dental care.
As a convenience to you, our office will submit charges for services rendered to your insurance carrier, but we consider the patient primarily responsible for the account. The service provided by our office amounts to an agreement between the patient and the dentist. The insurance relationship constitutes an agreement between the carrier and the patient. There is a wide variety of dental insurance coverage offered. Various programs cover from as little as 30% to as much as 80-100%. Every dental plan has a provision for limiting dollar disbursement by the insurance company for covered services. The type of services covered and the dollar amount assigned to it are determined by the type of plan purchased by your employer.
Do you accept my insurance? How much will they pay?
– We do not accept Medicaid and/or Medicare. We accept all private insurance plans (plans that do not require you to select a dentist from a list or require our office to accept reduced fees for services). This means that we work with literally thousands of companies. Due to changes in policies, it is impossible to give you guaranteed quotes of their payments. We can estimate your portions based on past payment histories, but it is only an estimate.
If you would like to know exact insurance benefits, we can file a “pre-treatment authorization” with your insurance company. This will delay treatment but will give you the exact out of pocket figures you may require.
I thought I paid my portion but I got a bill … why?
– We base the patient portion of your bill on our most current data but there are many factors that can affect this estimate. There may be a deductible (individual or family). Sometimes you may have seen a specialist for care, which uses up part of your annual benefit. Insurance companies do not notify us of changes to your benefits. They will only notify you. Please let us know of any of these changes.
Insurance did not pay … now what?
– We submit your claims as a courtesy. If your insurance does not pay then it is your responsibility to make payment in full for services performed for you. Insurance is a contract between you and the company. Our office is not part of that contract. Ultimately, you are responsible for all charges incurred in our office.
If you have further questions regarding your dental insurance, please contact your employer’s human resource department, contact your insurance company directly, or contact us and we will do our best to assist you.